Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sprite by Leigh Michael Book Review

Today I have for you my book review for Sprite by Leigh Michael. Find the book review, cover and blurb !! 




Annabelle Walsh thought she had it all. She was the star of her swim team, had a loving family, a great boyfriend, and to top it off, she’d be starting at UCLA in the fall. One day, she’d be referred to as Dr. Annabelle Walsh. 

She was living every girl’s dream – until her life was turned upside down. All starting with finding out that she's not just a human, but also a water spirit. Half-human, half-sprite to be exact. Although not just any sprite, Annabelle is prophesied to be the only one who can save both the sprites and mankind.

With a mix of current events, anecdotes from Greek mythology, tidbits of folklore, and Leigh’s own imagination, we join Annabelle in her journey to restore order beneath the sea. Each step of the way her mind, body, and soul are pushed to the limit begging the question, how much can one half-human, half-sprite take.









My thoughts.


Sprite was definitely new and refreshing for me. Normally I’m into Vampires and werewolves and all things that go bump in the night. But I enjoyed Leigh’s story of Merman, Sprites, and many underwater creatures she has put forth. Even the mythology was intriguing.

She has certainly not held back on the vivid detail in which she has included in her story. Giving the reader step by step detail into the underwater world in which she has created.

Annabelle's goes from being a normal human being to someone she never thought possible. I found that She adapted very well, and moved on with life with no real heart ache or anxiety. I’d like to have seen a little more saddness mabye - after leaving her family behind to live a life she never knew existed. Being pulled from one world to another is just not an everyday occurance.

The storyline was very imaginative - being able to do so much underwater - some of it came across as very unreal. But saying this it is a fantasy story filled with a lot of great ideas and imagination on Leigh's behalf.

An ending I’m sure you will be wandering about, I eagerly look forward to book two to see which direction Leigh takes us. Only a short read easily read in one sitting. I’m sure the creativeness in this story alone will have your interest piqued. It’s very ya, ideal for anyone over the age of 13 and also for all those adults who love a fantasy story containing Mythology and underwater creatures of many kinds.

Characters I’m sure you will enjoy. I found Annabelle a little too eager to accept her new world. I’d like to have seen more turmoil with her new found life and abilities. Otherwise a likable character. The prince I found was sweet and witty .

Overall. I Recommend this to all. A great change to what is currently being shelved at the moment. Its filled with great imagination and an array of well thought out descriptions giving us an underwater world we can see through a looking glass. 





Rating 3 1/2 Stars.









Sprite can be brought via Amazon  Sprite link to purchase  
























(( Since reading this version of Sprite Leah Michaels has made some changes )) This is her debut novel and I will be looking forward to reading more of her work in the future)) This book was given to my by the author in exchange or an honest review. 

No comments: